"I don't battle anymore! I uplift motherfuckers!" - GZA
Thursday, March 31, 2005,10:31 AM
Everyone wants to be a nigga, but no one wants to be a nigga
thaFormula.com - What do you feel is the difference between the racism of back in the day, compared to the racism of today that they say no longer exists?

Paul Mooney - Because it was overt and now it's covert. They hide it now. If you believe in spy movies and all that crap, when you decode America, it decodes IAMRACE. Race is the most powerful thing in America. When OJ was on trial these white folks went crazy. The verdict made them crazy. This white boy that could have killed a baby with his wife, look how casual their energy was about him. He might have got off. It shows you there that white folks have a subtlety about them. What do we want? We want our reparations right? We want that mule and 40 acres right? They gave us our mule in Eddie Murphy, a talking mule. They said here nigga, here's a talking mule. Now try to get your 40 acres. I pick up on all that.

thaFormula.com - Man you and Chapelle are one of the last real comedians out there?

Paul Mooney - Well Chapelle was a Mooney student. He doesn't even count. I love him and all that and he's wonderful but I'm the professor and he's the student. I been doing this a long time. I been on the frontline and I been doing this when it wasn't popular. I'm the Davey Crockett of comedy.

thaFormula.com - Do you feel that Biggie or 2Pac's killers will ever be found?

Paul Mooney - No. The police killed them. I have hip hoppers in my house and they are just as crazy as everybody else, talking about 2Pac is still alive and that other one Biggie. I said please, dead niggaz stay dead. They both are dead. The police got the biggest gangs in America and are the biggest liars. Jail is full of niggaz. The white man that created DNA is probably somewhere dead in the dessert because DNA was supposed to put niggaz in jail, not free them. DNA has freed a bunch of niggaz who were innocent of what they were accused of. White folks don't even have any regret for it.

thaFormula.com - What do you think when you see someone like Michael Jackson being accused of molestation?

Paul Mooney - Michael is our modern day Jesus. First they say he's black, then they say he's white. Now they are getting ready to crucify him. Michael is not a pedophile. If Michael was a pedophile it would almost make him normal. He's X-Files brother, he's out there.

thaFormula.com - What about Eminem. What are your thought on Eminem's status in hip hop?

Paul Mooney – Oh Please! I told you, I don't like white folks who pretend they are niggaz. It's hard enough being a nigga. Give me a rope when they start hangin' niggaz and I'll find out who is black and who is white, trust me. They will all turn white if they get to hanging niggaz again.

thaFormula.com - An argument that many whites and blacks have had for years is, why is it okay for blacks to use the word cracka, but not okay for whites to use the word nigga?

Paul Mooney - Because we have never lynched them, that's why! We have never terrorized them. They have been terrorist in our lives for 500 years, that's why. We use the word nigga to defuse it. The same way it's okay for a whore to call a whore a whore. You call one a whore and they will run across they street and knock you in your head, because you don't live their life. I say nigga every time I want to because I was called it enough. I was called nigga enough so I can say it any time I feel like it. When it meant something nobody gave a fuck and now that it don't mean shit, everybody has something to say about it. It gets on my fucking nerves. I been a nigga to long. I got to go to Japan and get the operation because I been a nigga to damn long.

thaFormula.com - There seems to be a split in the black community over the word nigga and it being used or not being used. Where do you stand on that?

Paul Mooney - Imma say nigga until I die. I'm gonna always say it. I say it a hundred times every morning, it makes my teeth white. Nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga. I'm gonna always say it. A nigga is the one that wouldn't work and wouldn't do what the master wanted him to do. So I love a nigga. A nigga fought back. A nigga was like that mule, okay. Stubborn. Saying nigga is like saying Africa, you'll get a room real quiet. That's why I don't like black people or Afro-Americans. I like Negroes, color people and stolen Africans. Because black people and Afro-Americans kill each other. Negroes and color people didn't do that. If you don't believe me ask your mom and your grandmother. They didn't do that shit. They didn't walk up on no other color person or Negro and shoot them in their head. When they ran into a color or Negro neighborhood, they felt safe. It ain't like that now. They feel safe in the white neighborhood. So you know it's all twisted.

thaFormula.com - It's the same also within the Latin community. You got Hispanics, Latins, Chicanos, etc...

Paul Mooney - Puerto Ricans and Cubans ain't nothing but niggaz that can swim. Let's get real ya'll. I come from Louisiana. The white folks made the rule. You got one drop of nigga in you, that's what you are. I don't give a fuck where you from. I'm telling you what the reality is. They took slaves everywhere. You got a drop of black blood in you that makes you a nigga. I don't care what language you speak. This is a foreign language to me. This is not my native language. You got that nigga in you, you got that Africa in you and that's what they all fear and all don't want to bring up. Everybody wants to talk about their Indian Grandmother & their Swedish cousins. Everybody is all fucked up. Them god damn Jews too wanna be white folks. That's all nothing but niggaz. All of them. We were at war with Germany, they dropped the bomb on Japan. They ain't gonna drop the bomb on Germany because they could have blew up their cousin or their brother. They have the complexion for the protection. Their white skin protects them and niggaz had better wake up, because they are getting their wake up call. All Niggaz!

thaFormula.com - But Paul, they say that times have changed and things are better now?

Paul Mooney - Yeah things are real better, Bush is president. Kiss my ass!

thaFormula.com - But Paul, what about the ones that say slavery ended a long time ago, so what are you still mad about?

Paul Mooney - No it don't work that way when you reap the benefits. I'm like the witch. When you burn the witch she is gonna say I hope your head fall off and I hope your dog die. The witch says I curse your sons, sons, sons. The witch wants all you mutherfuckers to pay. So a hundred years from now, your muthafuckin' blood is still being punished. That's the way I feel about South Africa. They been doing that shit to niggaz since the 1800's. I want all them muthafuckas to pay. Not just now. You see how they are forgiven. I told you about that complexion for the protection. Look how they forgive them. Every time I hear South Africa I cringe and America was in on it to. Then they want you to forgive them, but we don't get forgiven. Huey Newton ain't forgiven, Angela Davis ain't forgiven, OJ ain't gonna be forgiven.

thaFormula.com - Do you think that we will ever see an era like the 60's where we had people like Malcolm, Huey, George Jackson, etc.?

Paul Mooney - No. Time is running out. The Black Panthers and I mean the real ones that was in those neighborhoods made anybody who tried to come in their and try to pimp us pay. Those people are in there pimpin' us now. The Black Panthers would never have allowed that and that's why there are no more Black Panthers. The Black Panthers were teaching niggaz okay. When the smart dog goes to the dog pound, they put him to sleep. Because they don't want that smart dog to teach them other dumb ass dogs nothing. So that's how that goes down.

thaFormula.com - Voting seems to be something that many people disagree on. Does voting matter in your eyes?

Paul Mooney - Voting does change stuff. You just have to get enough people to do it. They wanna get people to feeling that they can't vote. Be a slave to voting or just be a slave.

thaFormula.com - Some people feel though that voting has never done nothing for the the poor communities.

Paul Mooney - That's because those niggaz won't vote and most of those niggaz are felons and that's why we can't have no civil war because half our army is locked up. That's why nigga! They have to have a legalized slavery. They got that now. They spend more money on prisons then they do anything.

thaFormula.com - Were you surprised that a movie like Bamboozled was able to be made in this day and age?

Paul Mooney - I was stunned. You know because those niggaz are all still cooning and that's why they got upset at that movie.

thaFormula.com - How did Spike Lee even approach for you for this movie?

Paul Mooney - Well they screen tested me and they said to me that they wanted me to be a drunk and they want me to talk about Hollywood. So I talked about Spike Lee and that's why I got the movie.

thaFormula.com - I thought it was a great movie, but many people I spoke to hated that movie...

Paul Mooney - Because of the cooning. People don't like to look in the mirror. Look how they went crazy on the Black Comedy Awards when I gave the coon award out. Those niggaz went crazy. They were so scared that they were gonna be up there. They were so happy to see them two niggaz I had up there and that's why they applauded. They were just happy it wasn't them.

thaFormula.com - Who got your award?

Paul Mooney - Cuba Gooding and Michael Clarke Duncan. I turned that muthafucka out. They called and asked me if I would come and be on the show. I said yeah, if I can give out the coon award. They went crazy man. Everyone there was scared to death. I said, the list is so long in Hollywood, we don't have enough time to name the nominees. I said give me the envelope. Oh my god, it's a tie. I drove them niggaz crazy. Snoop Dogg and Little Dogg, and Big Dogg and all the rest of them was on the floor crying.

thaFormula.com - The scene where Damon is surrounded by a room full of white writers for a Black show was hilarious. Is that really how it goes down?

Paul Mooney - All that shit was brilliant brother. That shit was almost a documentary, I loved it. I fucking loved it. I sat in a room and cursed out white writers before and producers behind that bullshit. Thinking these white folks no more about comedy and niggaz then I do, nigga please. But they consider the truth hostile and bitter, but they can say what they wanna say. That white man has the complexion for the protection so he can say whatever he wants to say. He gets away with murder, loses billions of dollars and shit. Well shit happens, let's move on. Let a nigga lose that much money.
 
posted by R J Noriega
Permalink ¤
Counters
Oriental Trading Company